Student Achievement: Priyanka Acharya, IBDP II
Priyanka Acharya is a student of HFS International pursuing the IBDP program. She is an International Rhythmic gymnast, a branch of Rhythmic gymnastics, which includes rope, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon. Priyanka is five-time national champion in the sport and has represented India at Junior Asian Rhythmic gymnastics championship. She has also enthusiastically initiated a Rhythmic Gymnastics performance on HFSI’s Sports Day. Furthermore, Priyanka was selected as the TEDx youth HFSI speaker for the year 2021. She has also won several accolades at school and federation national competitions in Rhythmic gymnastics. Priyanka was selected as the vice-sports captain and then the Sports captain of the school for the year 2020-21.
Competitions and Awards
• Junior Asian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship Held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• 1st Khelo India School Games
• National School Games (School Games Federation of India)
• 24th National Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
• Total medals bagged equals 103 medals; 71 gold, 28 silver and 4 bronze
• Asian Junior Championship - Ranked 20th amongst overall 44 gymnasts of Asia; ranked first in the entire Indian contingent.
• Three prestigious medals won in Khelo India Youth Games - All round Bronze, Ball Silver, Ribbon Bronze
• 4 gold medals in National School Games - Ball, Ribbon, All round and Maharashtra Team.
• Federation Nationals Championship - 5 gold medals - Hoop, Ball, Ribbon, All round and Maharashtra Team.